Friday 25 October 2013

Chapter Eighty - Shannon vs The Girls

Sophie: Come on lets get home and face Mom


Vanessa: But I am soooo tired
Sophie: Me too, but Mom is waiting
Hannah: Never mind you two, I'm starving, they never serve enough food at those places.

*THUNK* ---- SNORE!!!


 Hannah: Should we wake her?
Sophie: Nah, she'll be fine


They walk into the house where it is quiet.... too quiet actually. Just the radio playing to itself. (Blaine managed to find an Invention Gnome whilst messing around at the invention workbench, so it tends to switch on radios and TVs to entertain itself)

Hannah: If anything goes wrong, just follow my lead, okay?
Sophie: Okay


Shannon: These girls are going to be the death of me, I swear


The sound of footfall hitting every step of the spiral staircase heralds the arrival of a rather tired but irate Shannon, freezing Sophie on the spot.


Sophie: Yeah? Better make this quick, I am REALLY really tired.
Shannon: ..... (trying to find some way of dealing with this rather drunk and quite vocal daughter of hers)
Sophie: Aren't you going to say anything?


Shannon: Oh I have plenty to say.


Vanessa tries to sneak past, but gets caught.


Shannon: Nessa, stay put, you are next
Vanessa: But ..... I'm hungry!



Elisha: don't mind me, I'm just doing the laundry here....



Shannon proceeds to yell at poor Sophie who is swaying slightly.


After her lecture, Sophie staggers into the family area and promptly passes out cold!


Hannah isn't immune either.

Shannon: Hannah, about time you had a little responsibility. Deal with Vanessa.
Hannah: But ..... MOM!
Shannon: You heard me, I'm too tired to deal with the two of them.


So, with great reluctance, Hannah has to lecture Vanessa.


Vanessa: WHAT??? But.... you were at the prom with us?
Hannah: Sorry, gotta do as I'm told, just like you two.


Vanessa: SOOOOO not fair.
Hannah: Once again .... sorry, but I've been told to yell at you.

 After the royal dressing down, all the girls went to bed, including the butler, who seemed to have some difficulty getting into William's old bed for some reason.

Elisha: I'm too old for this


And that's when Shannon settled down to eat some apple pancakes, just to settle her nerves.
Bad idea.


Whilst she'd been scolding and lecturing her daughters, the pancakes had gone stale in the fridge and now they tasted yucky.


Hope she doesn't become ill.

In the meantime, poor Blaine is stuck in the middle of nowhere, broken and alone.....


He manages to get home eventually, thanks to his almost depleted back up system and gets some much needed charging time.

It's the next day and both Sophie and Vanessa are having a simultaneous mood swing. Vanessa's wishes slots were all full up so I couldn't lock any of her mood swing wishes in. But Sophie was a completely different matter.

Vanessa: School bus is here.
Sophie: Not going.


Vanessa: Mom's going to blow a gasket you know.
Sophie: I thought she said we were both grounded anyways.
Vanessa: I don't think she meant NOT going to school though.
Sophie: Details details, anyways I'm not going and that is that.
Vanessa: Fine, but don't blame me.

Vanessa went off to school although she was still exhausted from lack of sleep. Sophie pottered around the house quietly until Shannon caught up with her.

Sophie: Hey mom look, I can do magic ... see?
Shannon: I want a word with you.


Shannon: Why aren't you at school?
Sophie: You said I was grounded, not allowed to go outside the front door.
Shannon: Don't get smart with me young lady, you know exactly what I meant.
Sophie: Ugh


Shannon: I don't like your smartass attitude. How on earth are you going to get anywhere if you don't go to school and keep your grades up?
Sophie: Because school sucks. The lessons are boring and I can do my homework in my sleep.
Shannon: I've had it with you, you are DOUBLE grounded.
Sophie: Fine, whatever, I'm going to bed.


Pat: Someone's in trouble


Sophie: Shut it Pat, it's all YOUR fault! Why don't you throw yourself into the nearest thundercloud?


Pat: Hey, why is it always MY fault? I'm just the imaginary doll here.
Sophie: I hate you. Go. Away.



It took Shannon by surprise to see her normally rational daughter suddenly flip out and start yelling at fresh air in front of her. Although it was rather spooky to see her looking directly AT Pat at the time. I am pretty sure fairies are much more 'in tune' with the presence of IF dolls.


Shannon: Damn, that girl is loopy.


Hannah simply walked past and pretended she didn't see anything.

Pat and Sophie are not on speaking terms with one another now....
... although Pat feels it necessary to be on lookout duty whilst Sophie sleeps.
Not that Sophie will hear anything, she can sleep through an earthquake!!


Blaine is keen to chat to his coworkers, he feels he has neglected them in favour of working on his Handiness and Inventing skills.


But don't you think the majority of them look as though they are ready to retire???

Speaking of which, Blaine as you know, rolled the wish to retire. But then he backed out (or rather I cancelled it, I wanted to see him achieve his own personal LTW even though he's technically not the next heir)
I'm sad that way LOL


Blaine: I was about to do something.

No you weren't *snerk*

No comments:

Post a Comment