Sunday 7 September 2014

Aliens Are Not Deaf

Hunger and tiredness stopped Sophie in her tracks and she headed off home, much to the delight of her mother Shannon. The place was starting to feel a little too quiet now that the majority of the family had flown the nest.


Shannon: Help yourself to the salad girls.
Sophie: It's not that one that Hespa made earlier is it?
Shannon: Don't be silly, that one went bad a while back, this one's a bit fresher.
Sophie: No offense ... Nessa
Nessa: None taken
Sophie: But it's a bit creepy, you know, having your IF doll actually be alive like this.
Nessa: Nah, it's cool, she's awesome. Speaking of which, Mom? Where's she at right now?
Shannon: She's upstairs, messing with the computer.


Hespa: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! IT'S A REAL LIFE SCREEN! SO MANY PRETTY COLOURS!!! AND... AND... I CAN TALK TO PEOPLE WITHOUT MEETING THEM! HOW COOL IS THAT??

As long as you don't break the computer Hespa, given your Clumsy trait, anything is just about possible.

Sophie wasn't the only one that had an opinion about Hespa. Shannon was a little worried too.

Shannon: Ness?
Ness: Yes Mom?
Shannon: After dinner, do you fancy a game of chess with me?
Ness: Sure, okay.

They sat together, quietly concentrating, when Shannon broached the subject of Hespa.


Shannon: Ness?
Ness: Yes Mom?
Shannon: I'm a little worried about your new friend Hespa. I caught her trying to mooch some money off Sonny Em today.
Ness: She's harmless.
Shannon: Nevertheless, if she does that when she's out in public...
Ness: She's extremely Shy Mom. She'll only approach people she knows.

Sonny Em wandered in.

Sonny Em: Miss? I've something to tell you.
Nessa: It's called a diamond Sonny.
Sonny Em: Thank you, but that's not why I am here. J1NX1E is siphoning power from the stereo.


Sure enough, too lazy to hop into the recharging station in the basement, J1NX1E thought it would be more fun to steal power from some of the appliances dotted around the house.


J1NX1E: AHHHH THAT FEELS SOOO GOOD!! Hey, I heard that Sonny Em, you snitch!

Nessa assured her mother that Hespa was going to be fine, and then headed to the tent to sleep. She'd gotten so used to roughing it outside that it was second nature to her. At the same time, Shannon and Sophie headed for bed. Sonny Em and J1NX1E were busy recharging their batteries. That left Hespa and Blaine wide awake. Hespa was too busy chatting online to notice anything, but Blaine heard the distinct sound of an alien spaceship arriving. He went outside to investigate.

Blaine: Sounds as if that ship needs a little oil. Wonder if they could do with my help? I do have a high Handy skill. Maybe I could be of use?


Outside, the alien (name completely unpronounceable) curled her nose up at Pat, who'd taken up sentry duty outside the fairy castle.


Pat: Imma watching you. I might look like a doll to you, but as soon as I become alive, Imma gonna whup your butt!
Alien: What an extremely odd looking creature.
Pat: Yeah, I might be odd, but Imma fearsome force!

She then proceeded to rant about how disgusting the fairy castle was.


Alien: Ugh! It is covered in fungus. I wouldn't have THAT in MY place. No. WAY!
Blaine: Hello there
Alien: ...
Blaine: Do you require any help?
Alien: ...
Blaine: Hmm, must be deaf. Perhaps a LOUD introduction is needed here?

He whips out the megaphone and promptly yells into it, causing the alien to jump.


Blaine: HELLO! HOW ARE YOU? DO YOU NEED ANY ASSISTANCE?
Alien: I am NOT deaf you idiot
Blaine: I'M SORRY, I DID NOT ... oh, sorry, thought you were a bit deaf.


Alien: I may as well be, thanks to your very loud shouting
Blaine: I did not shout. I just magnified my voice through.... oh never mind.


It was obvious that he'd offended her big time, because she didn't stay that long. And, to top it all, the damp night air and intermittent showers caused him to short out .... again.



He REALLY needs to look after himself a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment