Thursday 28 November 2013

Generation Two - Chapter Seven: Shannon Goes Into Mommy Mode

The Robotics Emporium (as I've now discovered) is Shannon's latest hangout, almost every day you can find her there working on nanites as well as trait chips for J1NX1E. So it was a matter of time that someone of some interest would walk in there and discover her.


She'd just created some nanites that ran amok all over her body, causing her to squirm and scream at the same time when the door of the emporium opened .....


Shannon: EEEEEK!!! GET THEM OFF ME!!!!
And who should just happened to walk through the doors but the rather dashing and debonair Geoffrey Landgrabb. Wealthy, good looking, a long family history......


He was perfect husband material actually. Apart from one teeny tiny little oversight. He was MARRIED. Apparently ... happily too. But that didn't stop them chatting to one another. Basically they got on like a house on fire, chattering away as if they were old buddies!


You could tell that he was completely enchanted and couldn't take his eyes off her.

So it was quite a shocker when he phoned Shannon up, completely out of the blue, to ask her on a date!!!
She was in the process of searching out her descendants and wanted to pay them a visit. Apparently they were dirt poor and she wanted to know how they managed to drop to that all time low.

She'd even pinpointed their house, a large but humble property not too far from the old miners village. It explained why Derrick dressed in such unique clothing. They were basically hand-me-downs and antique attire that had been stored away in the attic all those centuries ago.


Sooo, whilst she dreamed about Geoffrey taking her to the swankiest night spot in Oasis Landing, poor J1NX1E was allowed to roam freely wherever she wished. And ended up breaking down .... in the middle of the road of all places.


She had been so looking forward to visiting that alien crash site in the wastelands too!


Anyways, back to Shannon. She couldn't hide her disappointment when the taxi pulled up outside what she'd regard as a slum of a bar. Faded wooden clapboard walls with the varnish and paint peeling off in places.

But ....

this was where Geoffrey had arranged to meet. Not familiar with the town as such, she had to take him for face value.


However, when she finally arrived, she noticed that the place was buzzing with activity, even her descendants were there. Apparently it was the 'place to be'. Shows you that you can't judge something just because it's got a grotty exterior.

Geoffrey looked rather sheepish as she approached.


Shannon: What's wrong?
Geoffrey: I shouldn't have brought you here.
Shannon: It's fine ... it's got .... character at least.


He managed a weak smile but still looked uncomfortable and shifted from one foot to the other, his gaze often locking onto the floor. What made matters worse, was the paparazzi were there too taking pics and notes.


Shannon: Geoffrey, talk to me, the suspense is killing me.
Geoffrey: Not as much as my wife and kids will if they found out about this.
Shannon: Uh huh, okay.
Geoffrey: You aren't bothered about this?

She started to smile and touched his arm gently.


Shannon: Geoffrey, I know all about your family
Geoffrey: You do?
Shannon: In my line of work, it pays to gain a little knowledge
Geoffrey: And you went along with it? That's cruel.
Shannon: No it's not. I couldn't let you down without knowing the 'real' you. I can tell you love your family and you'd rather be with them instead of on a hot date with someone you've only just met.
Geoffrey: That's not entirely true. Most of the time I'm working, so I barely see my family.
Shannon: Then every minute you spend with them, make it precious
Geoffrey: You know, this IS kinda awkward
Shannon: Why's that?
Geoffrey: We DID organise a 'date'.
Shannon: Lets just call it 'down time' and relax, chill out okay? I can show you one of my special abilities if you want. I'll just need a drink first.

So they went into the bar, where it was basically a free for all, and a few people were already queueing up for their drinks.


Also sat at the bar was none other than her descendant Derrick, with his nose wedged firmly into a book. When he got tired of reading, he wandered into the centre of the room, just to stand there looking uncomfortable.

Geoffrey: He's an odd one isn't he?
Shannon: He's my descendant.
Geoffrey: I'm sorry.


Shannon: I must admit, I don't really know him that well.....
Geoffrey: You've never been invited to their house? 
Shannon: No. Not really.
Geoffrey: They must be ashamed.
Shannon: Of me?
Geoffrey: No, because they're so .....


He cut the topic short and bit his lip.

Geoffrey: I'm sorry, I'm not one to gossip here. 
Shannon: You know what happened to them to make them so poor .....

He nodded quietly.

Geoffrey: And it's none of my business really. All I'll say is that one factor was that along the timeline one of your descendants refused to move forward with any kind of progress

Shannon thought back to Dragon Valley and the fact that that town was determined to remain in it's own time warp. She knew exactly what Geoffrey meant. But that put her in a dilemma. With this knowledge, should she make steps to help her family or simply carry on as normal and let fate throw the dice?

She shook her head and grinned brightly.

Shannon: How rude of me, I haven't shown you my special ability have I?

He smiled. In that short space in time, he realised just how lucky he was and what a great friend he'd made with this amazing woman. Shannon took a deep breath and suddenly started to glow..... purple. Not only that, he noticed that many other Sims in the vicinity had a purple aura too.


Shannon: It's my fairy magic. I can project auras. This one happens to be the Aura of Soothing.
Geoffrey: Oh wow, that's impressive indeed, can you do any others?
Shannon: I can, the Aura of Creativity, and the Aura of Body and Mind ..... but I cannot keep them up indefinitely, they do sap my energy and drain at an alarming rate if I'm not careful.

This aura attracted the attention of Derrick, who approached Shannon.


Derrick: Oh wow, that's amazing!
Shannon: Why thank you. Can't you do that?
Derrick: Well, we don't... really ... know, we haven't tried. Maybe you could come over and teach us some day?
Shannon: How about now? Now's good.
Derrick: Um .... well......

Geoffrey threw Shannon a knowing look as if to say 'told you' but Derrick caved in.

Derrick: I guess it won't hurt ... one more guest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment