Friday 29 August 2014

The Last Of You

Finals day approached and because of recent tragic events, both Sophie and Nessa were worried that they hadn't prepared themselves fully towards their final exams. Nessa spent her time on the phone to J1NX1E, trying to glean vital information from that Plumbot. It proved fruitless though, as she soon found out.


 Nessa: Hi J1NX1E, what's doing?
J1NX1E: Hello there Miss Vanessa
Nessa: I'd prefer to be called Nessa thanks
J1NX1E: Ah right, okay Miss Vanessa.
Nessa: *sigh*, so, have you got any new information to share with me?
J1NX1E: We hatched some chickens today and I harvested some honey
Nessa: That's not exactly what I wanted
J1NX1E: Oh, that's a shame, that's all I know for now. Living in the human world is indeed an experience
Nessa: I wouldn't say that for now, but ... since you're pretty new to all of this, go knock yourself out
J1NX1E: I am afraid I cannot do that
Nessa: Do what?
J1NX1E: 'Knock myself out'. The only thing I can do is to wait until my batteries fail, or I neglect my regular maintenance routine. Then I short out quite easily. What an odd thing to say Miss Vanessa.
Nessa: It was a figure of ... oh never mind, I'd better go, class starts in an hour, better grab a bite to eat and cram like there's no tomorrow.
J1NX1E: It was nice chatting to you. We hope to see you and your sister very soon. Yes?
Nessa: I guess so.
J1NX1E: I had better go myself, I can hear Sonny Em fighting with that evil chicken again.

She hung up then attempted to strum her fancy new guitar. Because of her excessive use of the xylophone when she was a toddler (and the advantage of having Artisric as a trait), she was instantly boosted up to Skill Level 3!


Sophie had a bigger advantage, being a fairy, and used her 'Creative Aura' to try and help her out. It was a risky move, not because it was a kind of cheating, but because she was still learning her fairy skills and projecting any kind of aura was still draining on her powers.


But, grabbing her latest purchase, a pretty pink and white umbrella, she made her way to class.


Because the dorm was closer to Nessa's exam venue, she didn't have far to go. It was exhausting. They'd barely had time to rest from one exam, before they had to go to the other one. Both girls were certain that they'd crashed and burned big time. But it was all over now, time to kick back and relax.

Many students threw parties, and Nessa HAD wished to throw a bonfire party, but she was too exhausted, so she and Sophie crashed out in their shared bed.


A student thought it was bizarre, seeing two sisters sleeping together. But Nessa and Sophie didn't care. They felt safer that way.


Neither of them managed to drag their bones out of bed until just after noon, and it was Nessa who was first. She read through the results letter cringing at the thoughts of bombing it. And was pleasantly surprised. She'd gotten a C.



Nessa: Not bad, not bad at all. Hey Sophie, your results are here, want to check them out?
Sophie: You read it, I don't wanna.
Nessa: Aww come on lazy bum, I'm sure it's a good score.

Sophie growled as she dragged her butt from the bed.

Sophie: I'd rather have something to eat, I'm hungry here
Nessa: Just open your letter, that's all. We can eat afterwards
Sophie: Do I HAVE to? I know it's going to be bad.


Reluctantly she ripped open the letter and read it.

Sophie: I got a B!
Nessa: You sound surprised.
Sophie: I am, actually. Much better than last term. I crashed out with a C. I'm halfway through getting my degree now.
Nessa: That's excellent news and I hope you get it, you've worked hard.

Suddenly there was a crash and a scream from downstairs. When they went to investigate, yet another student had died at the doorway and Grimmy was there in a flash to collect the soul.



Sophie groaned.


Sophie: Not you again. Thought we'd seen the last of you.

Nessa, in the meantime, dialled a number and got through to the university administration building.


Nessa: Yeah, we've got another one. Grim Reaper's been here already. Someone had better come and clean up the mess.

Yep, term was over, it was time to head back home with the promise that at least one of them will return to university. It was just a matter of which one.

Editor's Notes: 
Yes, there's a continuity error in this update. I had Nessa in her underwear in one shot, then in her day to day clothing in another. Ooopsies, my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment