Monday 18 August 2014

Vanessa The Tornado And Her Overuse Of The Word ... 'Awesome'

Vanessa is all twitchy and excited at the prospects of being somewhere other than Dragon Valley. So much so that she bounced on Sophie's bed, yelling and laughing, before demanding that she meet her outside....
.... in the rain. Whilst she was out there waiting, she found J1NX1E lurking near to the time travel portal.


 Nessa: Oh, hi J1NX1E, going on a field trip somewhere?
J1NX1E: Hello miss Nessa. Actually, no. I've been sent out to keep an eye on Bonehilda. 
Nessa: Oh, my bad, I thought you were planning a trip to the future. You know, find out if any of us were successful singers or something!
J1NX1E: The thought HAD crossed my mind, but briefly. However, I've been told to watch what Boney is doing and report back to your mother.
Nessa: Yeah, she is acting odd lately.
J1NX1E: Sadly, yes, that seems to be the case. Changing topics, what are you doing out here? I heard you yelling at the top of your voice. Are you feeling ill?
Nessa: Nope, it's just that ... I'm going on an adventure of my own!
J1NX1E: That sounds wonderful. Any idea where?
Nessa: I'm going to university!

Just then, a sleepy-eyed Sophie appeared, half dressed and more than a little grouchy.


Sophie: Ness, what's going on? And why did you wake me up so rudely?
Nessa: Guess what?
Sophie: I have NO idea, enlighten me, and be quick about it, I'm getting wet here.
Nessa: We are off to .... why are you dressed like that?
Sophie: I was rudely awoken by a certain idiot I used to call my sister
Nessa: Oh there's a reason for that, but you'd better get changed and pretty quickly.
Sophie: Whatever for?
Nessa: The moving van will be here in about an hour.
Sophie: Say ... WHAT?!?!?!
Nessa: The moving van? For college? You know? I booked it.

Sophie rubbed her face with obvious annoyance.

Sophie: If I wasn't still sleepy, I'd slap you right now.
Nessa: Yeah yeah, whatever. Now get your stuff all packed, he'll be here soon.
Sophie: You've got your stuff ready already?
Nessa: Yep, been planning and packing for most of the day whilst you've been sleeping your lazy butt away.
Sophie: I was working, you know. And I was tired from it. You do realise there's a suitcase limit and you can't pack everything but the kitchen sink.
Nessa: Oh..... I know..... be right back.
Sophie: Does mom know?

Nessa screeched to a halt, broke out into a silly wide grin and nodded.

Nessa: Yup, told her this afternoon. She's happy for us. She said it was nice that I had you as my chaperone!

She bolted indoors to quickly sort out her non essential stuff, leaving Sophie shaking her head and getting wet at the same time. Dragging her kid sister around college, was NOT on Sophie's agenda. But since Nessa had already jumped in - boots first - there was very little Sophie could do. Thank goodness they both had different majors. Nessa drove Sophie nuts with her sunny attitude and permabright smile.

Sophie: Kids huh?

J1NX1E chose to ignore her and continued to fixate on Bonehilda, who STILL continued to play hopscotch - in the dark, and in the rain.


The moving van was a little late, due to flooding in the valley, but soon enough, they arrived at university, where the sun was shining and everything looked fresh and clean. Both girls aspired to be in the music industry, but had very different ideas.

Nessa: Awesome! I'm gonna be a singer!
Sophie: Hold up sis, you need to be able to sing first.
Nessa: Yeah, I know, so where do we start? Is there a karaoke bar on campus?
Sophie: You know, I'm not quite sure. Maybe you can check it out after the meet and greet.
Nessa: Awesome!
Sophie: You really need to tone down your enthusiasm sis.

Nessa blew a raspberry at her sister, then looked up at the imposing dorm.

Nessa: So this is where we are going to stay?
Sophie: Yep.
Nessa: Awesome!
Sophie: It's the same one that I was in the last time.
Nessa: How do you know? They all look the same to me.

She pointed to the front lawn and the sad little grave marker that was embedded in the grass.

Sophie: Because he's still there, the student who died out here.
Nessa: Awesome. Oh, sorry, meant to say . how sad.
Sophie: We've managed to get the same double room together
Nessa: Awesome! Oops, sorry. Can't help myself.
Sophie: Look, I'll take our cases upstairs, you take a seat and then I can show you around, okay?
Nessa: Can't wait!

There was a sound of shuffling as the other students started milling in. Some complained about the hot weather, others were more worried that they hadn't packed their umbrellas.


Student: Because yeah, ya know, it could, like, totally pour down and we'll all get drenched and stuff.

Nessa dropped down in a chair and looked around.


Nessa: Oh, wow! Holy ... wow! I'm actually here!

She was in complete awe. Sophie smiled at her tornado of a sister. Yes, she was a drop of sunlight, but she was also pretty much impulsive, charging through the house like - a tornado - actually. She was a bundle of nervous energy, far greater than the fairy magic that Sophie herself had in her. University was definitely going to be an interesting one with Nessa on the loose.

Sophie: Hey, want to go to the Meet and Greet?
Nessa: Sure!

Nessa practically bounced off the chair in her eagerness to please her sister.

Nessa: Just lead the way!

For a split second, Sophie forgot that she had fairy wings and the ability to fly, as the two of them charged out of the dorm at top speed.


Sophie: Sorry sis.
Nessa: Hey, that's okay, I'll race you, see who gets there first. Right?
Sophie: Gotcha.

They arrived at the Student Union building at around about the same time. Sophie was impressed at her sisters' endurance, and she nodded to herself, glad that Nessa had chosen Phys Ed as her degree. She was going to stonewall through it easily.

Sophie: After you.

Nessa stepped through the doors and grinned from ear to ear. One word escaped from her lips.


Nessa: Awesome.

Sophie just smiled and allowed her sister this little indulgence.



No comments:

Post a Comment