Thursday 5 March 2015

Andrea Gets a Measure of the Family Over Chess

After seeing the paparazzi lurking nearby, waiting for a juicy bit of gossip to go straight to the tabloids, Sophie realised that she might have made a monumental mistake in bestowing the flight of Felicity on Andrea.

So, after a little quick thinking, she came up with the ideal solution.

Sophie: Hey, just had a thought. Want us to be an item?
Andrea: For real?
Sophie: Sure. Let's go steady, yeah?
Andrea: That'd be cool.
Sophie: Great! Ah....


Just then, her phone rang. It was her agent. Impeccable timing as always, reminding her that someone needed a celebratory sing a gram and since she's getting pretty good at these, would she mind taking this one up too? After all, the more experience she gets, the better chances she has at climbing up the corporate ladder!

Andrea: What's up?
Sophie: My agent just called.
Andrea: Uh oh, what did he want?
Sophie: She. She wants me to do a gig.
Andrea: Now? Cutting it a bit fine don't you think?
Sophie: Yeah, sorry about that.

There was a pause as Sophie weighed everything up.

Sophie: There's one more thing though.
Andrea: What's that?
Sophie:  Although I hate rushing into things, there's just one thing I want to ask you before I go to this gig.
Andrea: And what's that?
Sophie: Will you marry me?



Andrea: OMG. You serious?


Sophie: Yeah, deadly. Now hurry up, I've got a gig to go to and they don't like to be kept waiting.
Andrea: And there's just one answer.
Sophie: And that is??????
Andrea: Hell yeah!




Sophie: Awesome! Look I'd better dash off.  I'll get home as soon as I'm done. This shouldn't take long. I promise. Why don't you go announce our engagement to everyone inside?
Andrea: Okay. This is weird, it should really be you. But okay, I'll break the news.  But who exactly am I going to bump into?
Sophie: Just my sister, my mom and maybe my sisters' imaginary friend Hespa. She was lucky enough to have been turned into a human. She's a little shy around people so you might see her, might not.


She cast a sideways glance at Pat, who was still standing there. Pat realised that the look she gave him had some significance behind it. He shrugged. He was happy just being an imaginary friend. He'd seen so many of his kind being turned and the aggravation and stress they had to endure on a daily basis? So not going there. No. Way.

Anyways, Sophie dashed off to the gym to perform her sing a gram, whilst Andrea walked into the house. Shannon was sat at the chess table and heard him approach.

Shannon: Andrea? Why don't you come over and join me?

It was a little unorthodox, but he realised that maybe this was their way of getting a measure of him... and vice versa. So he obliged and sat down.


Shannon: Anything you want to tell me?
Andrea: Um, well, you know.... er.... I think Sophie should tell you.
Shannon: So, where is she then? She's been avoiding me a lot lately.
Andrea: At a gig.
Shannon: That's good, at least she's actually doing something instead of moping around the house. Not that I approve of her career choice. She could do so much better, especially now that she has her degree, but, it's her choice.
Andrea: Um, okay. Nice house by the way.
Shannon: Thanks.


He felt a little uncomfortable, but soon settled into quite an intense match and believed that he was actually on a winning streak until Shannon announced that she was tired and headed for bed, leaving him dangling with just three moves left.

He was not happy and almost threw the chess pieces onto the floor when Nessa arrived, clad in her undies of all things! She just didn't care at all as she sidled into the chair recently vacated by her mother.


Nessa: Whoa there mister, what did those pieces do to you?
Andrea: Sorry.


He deliberately took his time resetting the board and avoiding gawping goggle-eyed at a brazen Nessa, sitting in her bra and panties.

Nessa: So, you're my sister's latest squeeze huh?
Andrea: Yeah, she's quite the catch isn't she? What do you mean ... latest squeeze?
Nessa: Nah, just teasing, you two go way back and I like that. It's good to see her happy.
Andrea: She proposed to me.
Nessa: Oh?
Andrea: Yeah, tonight, just now, well sort of. About a couple of hours ago.
Nessa: That's Sophie for you. Doesn't take half measures. We take after our dad. He was adventurous too.


In the meantime, at the gym, Sophie had just finished a successful sing a gram and was packing up getting ready to go home, when a gruff voice growled behind her.

Werewolf: Mind if I take a piccie?
Sophie: Sure, okay.
Werewolf: Awesome! My friends are going to go nuts when they find out I met you!
Sophie: Would you like an autograph too?
Werewolf: Nah, the pic will be fine.



When he was finished, she rushed straight home, hoping wildly that Andrea would still be there. And thankfully he was. She pulled him to one side.

Sophie: Let's do it.
Andrea: Do what?
Sophie: Get married. Here. Now.


Andrea: Seriously? What about all those fancy arrangements and stuff you girls like to do to have the perfect wedding?
Sophie: They cost money. Besides, I'm marrying you not everyone else.

He shrugged his shoulders.

Andrea: Only if you are certain.


Sophie: I am.




And so, beneath a Full Moon, with zombies popping up all over the place, Sophie and Andrea exchanged rings and vows and got married in a private ceremony. With only Pat as the witness.

Pat: Well this sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment