Saturday 21 March 2015

Prank Misfire?

Sophie: Um, mom?
Shannon: Have you landed safely? What's the weather like? Was the flight okay? Drea didn't throw up did he?
Sophie: Mom.

Sophie didn't want to sound ungrateful but her dreams of travelling to Champs Le Sims had been shattered with this mix up. However, the excitement in her mother's voice gave her a guilt trip like no other. So much so that she couldn't bring herself to make the decision to return home. After all, it's as Drea had said, they were here already, so why not make the most of it.


Sophie: Listen mom, I want to thank you for this lovely gift ... but...
Shannon: Oh, Drea DID throw up then, didn't he? He was so certain that he would suffer from travel sickness too.

Sophie closed her eyes and counted silently to ten.

Sophie: We're not in Champs Le Sims mom.

There was a short silence. Followed by a small intake of breath.

Shannon: Oh. I thought you wanted to go to Shang Simla?
Sophie: Er, no.
Shannon: Oops.

Something about that 'oops' set alarm bells ringing with Sophie. Such was their bond that they knew when something was amiss. And this was one of those moments.

Sophie: What do you mean ..... oops?
Shannon: Soph, don't be upset but ....
Sophie: Mom?
Shannon: I sent you there on purpose. I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier but I knew that you wouldn't have believed me. This was the only way ... trust me.
Sophie: Mom? What's going on?
Shannon: I had the strangest experience whilst I was there and I needed someone else to go, just to see if the same thing happens to them. You two didn't have your honeymoon, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity.
Sophie: You could have told us.
Shannon: I know. But could you do this for me?

Resigned, Sophie agreed with one condition, that she was allowed to spend some tourist time with Drea. Shannon suggested that he help out too.

Shannon: That way, we'll have an eye witness.
Sophie: Yeah, but remember mom, we are officially on our honeymoon and this is a short trip away. We'll have to pack in a lot whilst we are here.
Shannon: Oh, don't worry about that. I sneaked in an agenda in your luggage. I marked out some key areas. These should only take a day or so.

Sophie shook her head and smiled, despite her disbelief at her mother's nerve. She had to admit, the woman was highly organised, and when she wanted something, nothing got in her way!

Shannon: Don't forget to phone me and let me know what happens.
Sophie: I won't, although you've got to remember, we might be busy with other stuff.
Shannon: Sorry to put you in this position.
Sophie: That's okay. We'll catch up with you later, for now, it's getting a little warm here and we're standing in the baking sun.
Shannon: Okies. Give my love to Drea.

They hung up and Sophie turned to Drea.

Sophie: You won't believe this.
Drea: Go ahead. And no, I didn't throw up on the plane.
Sophie: It wasn't an error. Mom organised all of this.
Drea: I might have guessed so. She's a slippery character isn't she?


Sophie pulled a mock shocked face before teasing Drea.

Sophie: You'd better be careful there mister. That's my mom you're talking about. Say one more word and I'll make your teeth chatter!
Drea: You wouldn't dare.
Sophie: Really? Try this one on for size.



She levitated off the floor, whilst making an elaborate pattern with her hands before flinging fairy dust at Drea.


Unfortunately, it backfired and rebounded off him, back to her, making her stand there and shiver.


Drea: Ha! Serves you right.
Sophie: I...I.... cccccann't uuuuunnnndddderrrsstannnd whaaaaattt weeennnnt wrrrooonnnggg.
Drea: Perhaps your magic isn't strong enough?


She shot him a glare, he backed up a little.

Drea: Just saying. I thought that fairies needed to work on their magic powers to make them stronger... that's all.
Sophie: Yeah ... well ..... thissss isn't mmmmmuch fuuunnnnnn you knnnnowww.

Drea scratched his chin and grinned.

Drea: Perhaps there's an easy solution here?
Sophie: Like what?
Drea: A hot shower?
Sophie: Wwwwillll thatttt worrrk onnnn magicccc?
Drea: We can always find out.
Sophie: We?
Drea: Why not? It is our honeymoon.
Sophie: Bbbutttt, whatt abbbbbout mmmommm's missssionnn?
Drea: We've got a couple of days. It can wait.


He kissed her passionately in the hopes that some warmth would come through, but it didn't. So they went to the next stage .... the hot shower. He draped his jacket over her shoulders as they hurried upstairs at base camp and jumped into a nice hot steaming shower ... together.





*****
Sorry about the long narrative but inspiration jumped in feet first and this was what I came up with. It kinda makes sense. Besides, she did roll a wish to visit Paris, but in my excitement at fulfilling her wish, I clicked on the wrong destination!

Oppsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment