Tuesday 3 March 2015

No Love So Enduring

I know I'm skipping back and forth here, but I thought I'd show you this. As I explained earlier, I wanted to try and rotate each Sim within the household, just to make sure that they all have some of their wishes granted.

I'm such a good genie/sim goddess, aren't I?

This time it's the turn of Shannon.

She doesn't want much. She completed her LTW at a very early stage so she simply goes through the motions when it's time for work. She has had fleeting wishes to create a masterpiece of great value and those differ with each fleeting wish. She wants to be friends with Hannah - who by the way, is noticeably absent whenever Shannon tries to call her. She also wants to see William married off. But since both of those Sims are not in the household, they are not under my direct control. So I can see these wishes being completely fruitless.

However, an idea came to me. Since she doesn't really ask for much, and I'm only keeping her needs going, just because. Why not try another angle? And at that moment, I couldn't have timed it better myself, the one Sim that I'd hoped to appear .... did.

The ghost of Austin Powers himself.

He couldn't keep himself away. Something always pulled him to wander the house. And that something - or in this case .... some ONE - was Shannon.

Normally, she'd be fast asleep in bed when he made his nightly hauntings. But as luck would have it, she was wide awake. Insomnia and possible hunger, causing her to wander the house whilst everyone was fast asleep.


She stopped in her tracks as Austin's ghostly form hovered in front of her.

Shannon: Oh, hi there.
Austin: Hi babes, what's up?
Shannon: Can't sleep.
Austin: Aww, why's that? Miss me?

Shannon paused, and sighed, a single tear threatened to spill from one of her pale eyes.

Shannon: I ... I guess so. It's ... so lonely here.
Austin: I know. I've watched you all from afar. And throwing yourself into your work is not a good substitute for companionship.
Shannon: I know. But everyone's growing up so fast, moving out and doing their thing. It's just so quiet around here.
Austin: So, you haven't found anybody else yet?
Shannon: Nobody comes close to you.
Austin: Ah, that's because you picked the best!

She chuckled at his self confidence.

Shannon: You always helped me to smile.
Austin: That, I did. That ... I did.

She sighed again, then paused to look at him. REALLY look at him.



Shannon: I wonder.
Austin: Wonder .. what? What are you scheming ... woman?
Shannon: What it would be like to kiss you one more time?
Austin: I'd reckon it'd be as awesome as it always has been. Why? Want to try?
Shannon: I'd very much like to.

He rubbed his chin and eyed her playfully.

Austin: Well, you know ... we have to do this properly. You know, in the moonlight and stuff. That's how I got you in the first place.

She nodded her assent and followed him - to a degree, brick walls were a bit of a barrier for living Sims - outside, just under the tree where the playhouse was still standing.

Then without warning, she grabbed him, dipped him down and kissed him fully. She suddenly stopped, her cheeks all flushed.




Shannon: I'm .... I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.
Austin: That's okay, hey, it wasn't just you. It take two to initiate a kiss!


And with that he returned the kiss with a really tender one. The sun was starting to rise over the horizon, and the townsfolk were stirring, getting ready for the day ahead. This meant that he didn't have much time left.


Austin: Don't forget me babes.
Shannon: I won't.
Austin: But don't keep your heart locked up just for me. I'm pretty sure there are many others out there who would appreciate you too. Just don't be too picky. Yeah?

And then, he was gone.

Ahhh  ... love. Eternal and enduring.

No comments:

Post a Comment