Wednesday 4 March 2015

Sophie Bestows a Special Gift

Sophie invited Andrea over because there was something she REALLY wanted to do. She'd heard about this. Maybe she'd read about it at college ... or school .... or whatever. But she'd never actually seen this in person.

But it was something she wanted to do.

Naturally, she was actively discouraged by Pat, who chose this moment to lurk around and pretend to be her 'conscience'.




Pat: You sure about this?
Sophie: I am, so go away.
Pat: You do realise that you're putting yourself in a prickly position.
Sophie: Pat, I can handle it, now go away.
Pat: sorry, no can do. But to let you know, I'll be here just in case.

Andrea arrived and he was fairly excited to see Sophie.

Andrea: Hey, how's things?
Sophie: Good.
Andrea: Sooo, you wanted to see me?


Sophie: Well, it kinda is important.
Andrea: Not as important as you.

Awwwwwww, gotta love this guy, he's so sweet!

Andrea: Sooo, what is it? What's the big news? Are we time travelling?
Sophie: Um, no.
Andrea: Aw, I kinda thought it was, since we're standing here, outside your time portal.
Sophie: Nope, this is something much bigger than that. Well, sort of.
Andrea: I'm intrigued, what can possibly be bigger than time travel?

Sophie chuckled slightly and rubbed the back of her neck. It was a nervous gesture that she'd inherited from her late father. He was pretty good at doing that when he needed to approach a delicate topic.

Sophie: Well, I'm not sure whether it's 'big' or not, but apparently, to us Fae, it's a HUGE thing.
Andrea: Well, whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I'll appreciate it.

She paused, glancing across at Pat, who was shaking his head solemnly, trying his hardest to discourage her. But she was having none of it.



Sophie: See, the thing is .... as you know, I'm of Fae blood and there's one special power that I can do. I can bestow a special gift to you. It's called the Flight of Felicity. But with that, I must have complete trust in whoever I bestow this gift to. It's not an easy gift to give, many Fae have met sticky ends when they've tried it. Which is why it is highly discouraged.
Andrea: And you trust me with this? What does it do?
Sophie: It gives you temporary Fae powers.... or at least it's supposed to. I haven't actually seen what it does.
Andrea: So, you don't know if it works or not.
Sophie: Well .... no. But I'm willing to give it a try. Just hold still.



With that, she launched herself in the air and flung some fairy dust over Andrea. He glowed pink briefly.


Sophie: So, how do you feel?
Andrea: Not that different really.


She felt slightly disappointed that it wasn't as spectacular as she'd expected. But then magical fairy dust sparkles started erupting around him.


Andrea: So, how long does it last?
Sophie: Not sure.
Andrea: Hm, okay. It was ... a nice gift though. Although are you sure you're supposed to do that? You Fae are a highly secretive lot.

She giggled.

Sophie: Well, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain that the cat's out of the bag.

She nodded to the paparazzi who'd suddenly appeared and was eavesdropping nearby.


Andrea: Ooops.




No comments:

Post a Comment