Wednesday 4 September 2013

Chapter Fifty Eight - 欢迎尚SIMLA - 从英语 (Welcome To Shang Simla)

You know I couldn't resist (for those know-it-alls out there,  before you get all picky and stuff .....  I simply ran welcome to shang simla through the translator and copied & pasted it here)

Yep, we are back on our travels. Unless someone rolls a wish to be an Adventurer or Traveller, or wishes to travel abroad, then these may be the last pics you'll see of my Sims in far flung places!

Thing is, Austin hasn't rolled another wish to travel. But he's got an outstanding opportunity he needs to complete, and it was a shame to cancel it - Learn the Martial Arts skill.

So, without further ado, I sent him to Shang Simla to complete his opportunity (plus it was a good excuse to buy the martial arts equipment to take back home - saving time and effort going back there again)


He arrived at base camp and was duly impressed.


He wished to visit the market, see the terracotta army.
In his squad car.


You know, you could hire a bicycle, they're the norm here.
Yeah well, thanks but no thanks, I'd rather travel by car.

But before he went to see the terracotta army, I made him take on an adventure, hoping that one of them was the Martial Arts one (prior experience taught me that one) But sadly, no, it was tomb raiding again.

I cancelled it and made Austin learn a song instead, something to impress the missus back home no doubt.
He surprised me with his fine tenor voice.


And then it was down to business as he hurled his frail little elderly body against the training dummy.


I need to pee
Not yet, just a few more minutes to go
But I really need to pee.... right NOW!


*sigh* Elders, their bladders aren't as sturdy as they get older

I heard that.

He earned a belt, but unfortunately he didn't quite master the first skill level. BAH!!
Soooo, I sent him to see the terracotta army, since he'd been chewing my ear off over it, ever since he arrived.


 I must say, I was impressed. But sadly, Austin wasn't.

Bored. Seen it all before.
Soooo, what do you want to do then?
Fulfil another Opportunity
Uh oh.
I thought this one only applied back home, but it applies all around the world.
MOAR street art.

So, he ended up tagging a large area of the floor in the market and boosting his Rebel Influence back up again.


I was surprised that he wasn't arrested and dragged back to base camp.
For such a picturesque and tranquil place, they didn't bat an eyelid at all.

Mind you, he DID manage to make something that was fairly apt for the region anyways.

Pretty huh?


 He ran out of time to head back to base camp, and so set up his tent in the market itself.


 He gained a few visa points, enough to purchase a couple of speciality items, along with some recipes, the training dummy, board breaker and fortune cookie machine....

... oh and the obligatory incense holder.

But since he never rolled any more wishes, I sent him home early.

These 'adventures' are non starters ... methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment