Thursday 11 July 2013

Chapter Twenty Seven - A Spaceman Came Travelling .....

It was inevitable. Even in this tiny little forgotten time warp, that aliens would finally discover it's little treasures.

Austin had literally JUST got into bed after pulling a double shift at work, when I heard the ominous sound of an alien spacecraft. (I was undecided between being excited and sheer dread here)



Austin?
Wha???
Get up.
Why?
You've got a visitor.
Who?
Just go and see.

Oh, this looks like a garbage disposal unit. I'd better scan it to make sure. Oh yes! It is!! I am getting so clever at this. Maybe I shall get my promotion after all these years?
 

Funny thing was, this alien wasn't wearing his usual travel suit, but sporting a pair of dungarees, as if he was ready to repair something. And conveniently enough, Boney had literally JUST broken the sink in the bathroom from one of her many OCD compulsions of brushing her teeth.


Want to go say hello?
Why? I wanna sleep.
Its only 2:30am.
Exactly, now go away.
No, you really MUST meet this ..... um......
Um?
Uh, yeah .... umm....

So, still half asleep (and his moodlet still in negative regarding his energy levels) he got up and greeted said alien.


Heya mate.
Greetings ... Earthling.
Oh, er yeah, greetings.
You do not seem surprised at my presence?
Um, no not really. You see, I'm living in a town that's full of weird stuff, so it's not great biggie.

- Psst, Austin, ask him how you got here. -

No, don't wanna be rude.
Haven't you forgotten your primary task? Finding out how you landed here in Dragon Valley?
Um, well, sorta, but please, go. away.
O-kay, if you insist. I just maybe thought ....

Who are you talking to?
Oh, don't worry about that, there's weird stuff going on here anyways. Pay it no heed.
Ah, right. Well then, my name is Crypto Vajjevoo
That's quite a mouthful. Mind if I call you Crypto?
I don't mind at all.
I see you are a Computer Whiz.
Indeed I am.
Wanna see my gadget? (I'm holding my tongue here), Its going to make me gazillion Simoleans. look.
Oh that old thing? I've got one too, souvenirs really. Worthless junk.
I hate you.
And you are being rude. Good day.


With that, he was gone. And yes, he DID think that Austin was being rude and boring. I was  hoping that Austin could get to know him better and question him. Give him the ultimate heads up with the rest of the police force. An exclusive nosey into the life of an alien.

But nope.
Wasn't meant to be.
*sigh*.

No comments:

Post a Comment